Sunday, August 19, 2007

Photos from Historicon 2007

Back in July I went to Historicon. I went there primarily to run some American Civil War (ACW) games using the Piquet:Field of Battle rules. It's a 13 hour drive up to Lancaster, PA from where I live in Columbus, GA (I used to live in Albany, NY which is only 5 hours from Lancaster). I went the Cold Wars 2007 and Fall-IN 2006 as well, but I think from now on I'm going to limit myself to Historicon and try to get to more of the cons down in the Southeast.

So here are some pictures (click on an image to see it full size)










My friend John Rigley (standing, middle) from Albany, NY
running his famous Moby Dick game:

































A Flames of War game:






From the Flames of War tournament:









This game (below) is using the 90mm pre-painted figures you can buy at Target.






Below is a photo of a very large WWII game using
the Command Decision 4 rules and hosted by
Frank Chadwick, the author of the rules.






The next two photos are an AWI (American Revolutionary War)
game using 54mm figures (run by the same GM who ran the
90mm game).




The photo below is from the Poor Bloody Infantry
demo game run by Peter Pig (Martin Goddard).
I was the Japanese defending against two American
players. My opponents rolled terrible dice and
eventually gave up in disgust - I don't think they'll
be buying the rules... :)

No comments: